Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Process Improvement Specialist- Req # 2506636
The mission of the Quality Operations team at the Mount Sinai Health System is to improve health system performance and outcomes by providing leadership and care teams with the data and insights they need for operations, clinical performance measurement, quality improvement, analytics and outcomes research. We provide solutions to integrate, cleanse, govern, translate and dispense information across Mount Sinai’s clinical institutes and clinical care service lines.
Our team is looking for a Process Improvement Specialist. This position requires a sharp analytical mind, a deep understanding of clinical data, a strong knowledge of process improvement/quality improvement methodology and a passion for identifying problems and implementing solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with clinical sponsors to determine reporting/measures requirements.
- Provide guidance and expertise on appropriate quality improvement methods: identifying areas for improvement through detailed analysis, determine root cause and design, implement and measure quality improvement efforts.
- Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of quality improvement projects.
- Apply, teach, and skillfully administer techniques for quality improvement, outcomes measurement, and statistical analysis.
- Influence provider behavior to achieve needed results.
- Design and implement standards for quality improvement processes/reporting/documentation within the team.
- Support data management/analytics teams with development of data requirements and thoughtful report design.
- Validate/test end user deliverables prior to distribution.
- Distribute and present end user deliverables.
- Develop member and provider communications that are concise and actionable
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health sciences, business, healthcare administration, health information management, or management engineering.
- Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or similar experience preferred.
- Three (+) years of professional experience in quality improvement/systems design in a healthcare setting.
- A unique mix of strong analytic capabilities, relationship management, and an understanding of the quality, clinical and economic components of healthcare.
- Comprehensive understanding of descriptive statistics and the appropriate applications of interpretive statistics.
- Analytical reasoning; ability to interpret and evaluate complex information while identifying patterns and essential issues.
- Problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills.
- Superior oral, written and communications skills. Ability to understand and communicate analytic and clinical data to varied audiences.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency using Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and EHR.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.