Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Responsible for managing the front end operations and supervising scheduling staff of the Department. Ensures successful execution of administrative and billing functions and policies resulting in smooth administrative operations, patient and staff satisfaction, and a financially sound practice
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports
- Prepares and monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
- Maintains departmental employee files, and ensures compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems
- Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
- Investigates, evaluates and resolves typical administrative or operational problems or situations affecting the work unit.
- Checks materials submitted for supervisor’s attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
- Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors’ contracts and renews as needed.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments or external parties to as necessary to accomplish objectives and or complete projects or assignments.
- May participate in the completion of grant applications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations.
- May make travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
- May screen and prioritize incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- May screen telephone calls, answer inquiries or direct caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Performs other related duties.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience (Bachelor’s preferred).
- 4+ years related administrative or business experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.