Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Overview: Join a dynamic group of professionals and administrators to make a difference in the lives of children and families. We are a small non-profit looking for a smart, hard-working, diligent individual who is a fast learner and can help us achieve our goals. This administrative position offers an incredible opportunity for those unsure about next career steps as you will be exposed to the non-profit world and the healthcare space. You will work alongside pediatricians, social workers, developmental psychologists, project leaders, educators, administrators and foundation staff with the goal to help operationalize the many projects of the Mount Sinai Parenting Center.
The Administrative Coordinator for the Mount Sinai Parenting Center provides administrative and programmatic support for this growing non-profit organization within Mount Sinai. The administrative coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities of the Directors of the Parenting Center including scheduling and preparing for meetings and conferences, calendar organization, refining and preparing presentations, communicating with donors and tracking donations, assisting with travel arrangements, and greeting and interacting with public at events. In addition, the administrative coordinator will:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage all administrative aspects of routine meetings and special events, including drafting agendas, managing calendars, reserving conference rooms, organizing catering and managing AV needs
- Coordinate all communications of the parenting center both within the hospital and with outside partners
- Prepare, transcribe, type and proof a variety of memos, reports, correspondence and minutes
- Assist in drafting and editing any printed marketing materials, presentations and invitations using a variety of programs including Powerpoint, InDesign, Wordpress, Adobe Acrobat and MS Suite applications
- Contribute to, maintain and manage Parenting Center web and social media presence using Facebook and Instagram
- Oversee all email campaigns that go out to the public
Background: The Mount Sinai Parenting Center is located in the Department of Pediatrics in the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The Center’s mission is to transform the way pediatric healthcare is delivered by maximizing opportunities to promote strong parent-child relationships and early child development within everyday healthcare interactions. The Center was created in 2014 and currently supports 6 full-time staff, 4 part-time staff, and several consultants.
- Education: Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience: 5 years related administrative or business experience required, Some supervisory experience preferred
- Candidate must be very organized
- Have strong attention to detail and must take initiative to get things done
- Applicant must possess excellent presentation design skills, written and oral communication
- Position reports to the Administrative Manager of the Mount Sinai Parenting Center
- For consideration: Please submit a cover letter with your application responding to the following:
- Describe your relevant work experience
- Explain your interest in our mission
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.