Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Data Scientist- Req # 2508918
The mission of Quality Operations is to improve health system performance and outcomes by providing leadership and care teams with quantifiable data and insights needed for operations, clinical performance measurement, quality improvement, analytics and outcomes research. We provide solutions to integrate, cleanse, govern, translate and dispense information across Mount Sinai’s clinical institutes and clinical care service lines.
Our team is seeking a Data Scientist to design and implement innovative data visualization and statistical analyses to drive quality and process improvement efforts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing innovative visual answers to clearly and concisely meet end user needs while considering all complexities that are inherent in health care data.
- Translating requirements for data-driven solutions with minimal guidance.
- Leading analytics and/or statistics project from start to finish.
- Documenting workflow.
- Work with clinical /internal team leads to define measures for assessment and analysis in support of operations management and quality and process improvement.
- Determine and apply the most appropriate statistical analysis techniques in an agile fashion.
- Create meaningful, appropriate data visualizations across various clinical and business domains.
- Use common collaboration tools (i.e. JIRA, git) along with scripting languages (R, SAS, SQL) to create accurate and reproducible analyses.
- Master's (preferred) in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Public Health.
- Three (+) years of experience in statistical programming language (R, SAS).
- Possesses advanced applied statistics skills including an understanding of probability and its application to the analysis of data including statistical process control, process monitoring, and diagnostics.
- Experience in risk model development, hierarchical modeling and predictive analytics.
- Excellent at communicating difficult statistical concepts (oral and written).
- Self-motivated and organized in pushing projects to completion.
- Able to learn quickly on the job, with minimal guidance.
- Experience working in agile environment.
- Experience with performance improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) and data-driven improvement efforts.
- Experience in designing measures, surveys and studies helpful.
- General understanding of healthcare departmental/clinical operations, workflow, policies, and procedures helpful.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.