Design at Mount Sinai
Our Consumer Digital team at Mount Sinai Health System is seeking a hands-on Lead User Experience and User Interface Designer to join our quickly growing group. As Lead UX/UI Designer you will get to work on a high-caliber team within one of the top health systems in the world. You'll drive design vision and strategy, collaborate with a team of passionate product managers, engineers, and designers, and be the advocate for a large and diverse patient population to create seamless, accessible, and transparent consumer-facing experiences.
What you will do:
● Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, and follow through to development and release.
● You’ll partner closely with our designers, engineering and product managers to synthesize ideas and define requirements.
● Create user-centered designs considering data from a variety of internal and external sources, user feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
● Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives and features.
● Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
● Work autonomously and act as a mentor for other designers. Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities.
Who you are:
● Between 5-10 years of relevant work experience, as a UX/UI or Product Designer or comparable title, preferably 1-2 years working directly on B2C products.
● You have a compelling portfolio demonstrating experience creating human-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) for mobile and desktop.
● You have experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to help shape product discovery, and working directly with developers on implementing designs.
● Experienced in conducting user research, particularly usability testing, and turning the output into qualitative and quantitative data that can drive product design decisions.
● Fluent in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
● You are experienced in designing scalable design systems and applications.
● You have a talent for crafting imaginative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency.
● You have established and maintained a design component library.
● You have mentored and managed other designers both in their work and their careers.
● Strong understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices.
● Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism and rapidly adapt to feedback.
● Expertise in design/prototyping tools of the trade, such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop, and testing platforms, such as UserTesting.com.
What's nice to have:
● Proficiency in Framer X and After Effects
● Previous experience in healthcare or some knowledge of U.S. health systems or hospital networks
● Some exposure or experience in digital marketing
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply!
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.