The Mount Sinai Health System, New York, NY
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S., with a strong reputation and Top 20 national ranking for quality of care and research/education. Our health system has ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients each year.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, preferred network offerings in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and plan sponsors via multiple channels (e.g., direct to employer, strategic health plan partnerships). We are looking for talented strategists, product managers, operators, sales, and account management professionals for the Commercialization Team that are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market-leading value for our customers, members, and patients.
MSHP. MSHP has partnerships with payers to market insurance products to employers and individuals in the Commercial and Medicare Advantage segments in the New York metro market. These preferred network products are centered on Mount Sinai’s clinically-integrated network of physicians & hospitals and differentiated by a price point that is ~10-15% less than market rates, an underlying risk contract that reduces cost trends and improves clinical outcomes, and an enhanced service model that ensures the best consumer net promoter score.seeks a Senior Associate to drive our preferred network product offerings
The Senior Associate, Preferred Network Products will guide MSHP decisions on the strategy, development and commercialization of our offerings with these health plan and other partners. The Senior Associate is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to engage with executive leaders of Mount Sinai, of health plan partners and of key market stakeholders (e.g. brokers, customers) from across the region and the U.S.
· Lead activities related to commercializing products including the execution of strategy for pricing, selling and marketing our products including sales support and a governance process for customer pricing and contracting. Work collaboratively with health plan and other partners to develop annual pricing strategy that achieves financial objectives.
· Lead the development of new product features, reducing high-level ideas to detailed designs use cases and requirements. Partner with technology and operations teams throughout Mount Sinai and potentially external partners to develop the products on budget and on time in an agile software and service development process.
· Lead the monitoring of product performance via measuring and analyzing of key outcome metrics during product pilots and general usage, developing information-driven recommendations for new product features and product re-positioning.
Product Business Cases
· Analyze market intelligence to develop and continuously update business cases for each product category. Each case will include a financial forecast of revenue and contribution margin and recommend actions including: sizing investments required for and viability of new product launches, prioritizing product investment decisions, and build/buy/partner decisions.
Market Intelligence Research
· Lead ongoing positioning of products via thorough ongoing research of the addressable market, competitor offerings, and government regulations. Such research will include focus groups and surveys with employers and consumers, as well as analysis of third-party data. Data obtained from these sources will be analyzed to size and characterize customer needs, competitor strengths and weakness to identify and quantify risks and opportunities.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
· Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience in the health care industry
· Prefer candidates with experience in management consulting and/or leading health plans
· Experience developing market research and business cases for new strategies or products
· Experience in a fast paced, corporate environment
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Expertise in quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel required
· Experience with SQL, Access or Tableau to analyze large data sets preferred
· Expertise in using Microsoft PowerPoint in developing presentations
· Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience