Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The researcher will: (1) oversee colonies of genetically engineered mouse models including breeding, genotyping and general husbandry duties. Oversee PDX models of cancer and testing of anticancer therapeutics. (2) Conduct in vitro experiments using organoids evaluating the effects of anti-cancer therapeutics on cell viability, tumor immunity and cell signaling. The Researcher will carry out (3) general laboratory duties including supply ordering, receiving packages, lab organization and cleaning. (4) Mentorship will be provided to other laboratory members including Post-Doctoral Fellows, Medical Students and Volunteers.
- Animal husbandry (genetic models, nude mice bearing tumors)
- Use tissue culture to propagate prostate and bladder cancer cell lines and organoids
- Testing the effects of anti-cancer therapeutics on cell viability, changes in RNA expression and immune profiles using primary GEM mutant and derived ex vivo organoids
- Conduct flow cytometry analysis of GEM mice treated with anti-cancer therapeutics followed by analysis using FCS Express and Prism
- Conduct inventory, ordering, receiving and organization of laboratory supplies
- Train other laboratory members in standard laboratory techniques
- Facilitate laboratory PI in generating figures and composing text related to figures, grants and publications
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of related experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.