Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Office Assistant II provides basic support to a manager or supervisor as related to the day to day operations of the office or department. Duties include reception, filing, mail service, photocopying and other duties as required
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Slide pick-up from pathologists, organization onto shelves, and filing into designated drawers
- Lifting and shifting pathology slide drawers during re-organization of the storage. Some work will be done in a warehouse type environment
- Pulling and refiling slides and blocks as requested by various department stakeholders
- Organizing and re-filing archived Pathology materials (tissue blocks and glass slides), in preparation of return to Iron Mountain for long-term storage. Some work will be done in the basement storage
- Managing the space in basement storage and physically moving slide cabinets, block cabinets and other items to ensure seamless and adequate rotation of materials between off site storage, Slide Room and Laboratory
- Monitoring the Slide Room pull-slide worklist, and pulling slides as requested by Pathologists, Residents, Fellows and special project requests
- Mail pick-up and distribution
- Answering departmental telephone calls when help is needed
- Knowledge of all slide room operations, in an effort to provide coverage during staffing shortages
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: 0-1 years administrative or relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic-Intermediate computer knowledge, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work alongside and communicate verbally and in written format with Pathologists, Leadership Team, and Lab team as needed
- Ability to multi-task in high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to occasionally lift heavy objects (slide drawers, cabinets, and boxes)> 40 lbs
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.