Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Patient Transfer Center REQ # 2510460
Job Title: Clinical RN Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Manager is a Registered
Professional Nurse that plans, organizes and manages the Patient Transfer
Center located in our corporate offices near Grand Central Station. Ensures the
department is managed in accordance with hospital goals and policies. The
department coordinates and prioritizes emergent and non-emergent patient
transfers from other hospitals to the Mount Sinai Health System. This includes
policy and program development, program accreditation, financial issues, staff
training, hiring/interviewing new staff, and managing patient transfers as well
as other clinical functions of the center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and evaluates staff performance of the Patient Transfer Center.
2. Consults and advises management on departmental problems affecting overall operations and appropriate corrective actions.
3. Works with staff to establish departmental goals, objectives, and plans consistent with overall goals and uphold departmental policies and procedures.
4. Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
5. Identifies, analyzes and resolves any daily department issues in a timely manner.
6. Provides supervision or assistance of activities, including but not limited to, patient registration, bed placement requests, insurance authorizations, and arranging ambulance transportation.
7. Communicates regularly with Bed Management and physicians to determine availability of appropriate bed.
8. Perform follow up communication to insurance companies, physicians, case managers, social workers, nurses, staff, family members, and others regarding expediting of a patient transfer.
9. Oversee planning, implementation, and development program/initiatives for the Inter-hospital transfer department to promote exceptional customer service.
10. Assess, maintain, or implement customer service performance improvement initiatives to tailor specific needs of physicians and other department users.
11. Interviews, hires, evaluate, counsels and when necessary dismisses staff within department.
12. Responsible for scheduling of staff and develops team to ensure continual even functioning of departments during absences.
13. Collects data, prepares reports, analyzes statistics and budget reports, and answers correspondence as needed.
14. 24/7 rotating shared on-call administrative responsibilities as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by Department Manager and Director.
NYS RN with BSN
and at least three years of acute care clinical RN experience with at least one
year of supervisory experience desired.
RNStrength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.