Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Medical Center seeks an exceptional development support professional to assist with its major gifts program to raise funds for The Tisch Cancer Institute at Mount Sinai and affiliated departments. The Development Associate will report directly to the Executive Director of Development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the Office of Development’s comprehensive major gifts program to raise funds for the Mount Sinai Health System.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, Cancer and a Director of Development, Cancer (e.g. scheduling physician meetings, donor meetings, maintain calendar, prepare and coordinate materials, agendas for meetings, etc.)
- Compose and proofread letters, talking points, briefings, personalized donor acknowledgments as well as other correspondence as directed.
- Proofread written materials.
- Draft correspondence and prepare/coordinate in-house mailings to managed prospects.
- Edit and format written documents such as proposals, cases for support, program summaries, and stewardship reports.
- Raiser’s Edge Prospect/Portfolio Management: Update and maintain all moves management information related to managed portfolios as well as prospect base including entering contact reports, adding and updating proposals, entering future/anticipated actions, maintaining all data/coding related to the several reports most frequently used in tracking and measuring donor moves management.
- Field and respond to donor, physician, and administrator phone and email inquiries concerning donation and fund related issues.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating logistics related to donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Foster positive and professional working relationships with all staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- 2 years’ work experience, preferably working in an office setting, in development, public relations or marketing
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to learn fund-raising database; Raiser's Edge experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized, meticulous, and flexible
- The ability to work within an environment that emphasizes teamwork as well as individual initiative
tact, and diplomacy
The ability to honor confidentiality
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.