Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Biostatistician I is responsible for providing statistical support, including study design, sample size and protocol development in support of clinical projects. Prepares statistical analysis plans, generates statistical summary tables and performs database integration for more comprehensive analyses.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepares statistical analysis plans, timelines for statistical project management and performs and interprets basic and complex analyses. Utilizes knowledge of statistics and medical understanding to propose and perform additional analyses when appropriate
- Documents analyses, creates summaries and presents written and verbal results to requestors
- Writes statistical text for study reports and clinical publications. Prepares analysis plans and methods used for incorporation in abstracts, manuscripts and grants
- Identifies potential data problems from analytic queries and takes appropriate actions to guide the resolution process
- Collaborates with principal investigators, sponsors and external representatives to ensure that project results and conclusions are presented accurately and without bias and to jointly achieve objectives and timelines
- Provides quality review on statistical analysis plan to ensure consistency with protocol and adequacy to meet objectives defined in protocol
- Adheres to standard operating procedures of the functional department as they apply to documentation and validation of clinical research statistics
- Provides consultation to the clinical research project team on statistical issues related to the project
- Collaborates with statistical programmers that support clinical projects to identify potential data problems from analytic queries and to take appropriate action to guide the resolution process
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Education: Master’s degree in biostatistics, computational biology or related
- Experience: 1 year of biostatistics or related experience in clinical research preferred
- Advanced level of experience in SAS, R or similar application
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.