Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
We are seeking a driven technology transaction professional for a position within Mount Sinai Innovation Partners (MSIP), the technology and commercialization office of the Mount Sinai Health System. The Technology Transactions Associate (TTA) is responsible for drafting and negotiating a diverse portfolio of agreements and contracts in the support of the research activities of ISMMS Faculty. The ideal TTA candidate is reliable, motivated, efficient, collaborative, outcome-driven, and can thrive, execute in a fast-paced, high volume environment and is able to juggle many competing priorities. The TTA works in partnership with MSIP Business Development and Finance and Operations teams, all ranks of the ISMMS Faculty, other internal stakeholders, and outside parties at commercial entities, academic institutions, and government agencies to help ensure that innovative therapeutics, diagnostics, devices and other technologies are made available to our worldwide patient population and become the new standard of care.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drafts, administers, reviews, and negotiates a variety of contracts including the following agreements: confidentiality, material transfer, inter-institutional, collaborative research
- Interacts with ISMMS Faculty and acts as a subject matter expert for contracts
- JD, or equivalent contract drafting and execution experience
- 1-3 years contracting or law, preferably related to technology commercialization or IP
- Advanced knowledge of standard office software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to establish and execute priorities
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment, negotiating a high-volume and variety of agreements, while creatively maneuvering obstacles and adhering to policy and procedure
- Flexibility and ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and ability to act cooperatively with many individuals
- Ability to cultivate and maintain healthy and productive relationships with faculty, commercial sponsors, outside counsel and Mount Sinai staff and leadership
- Detail-oriented and ability to perform with accuracy
- Positive, energetic, team-oriented with a professional outlook