Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Research Coordinator wanted for exciting, large-scale projects on aging in the brain at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The position is ideal for someone seeking a dynamic laboratory environment with variation in day-to-day tasks.
The projects involve testing cognitively normal older adults (aged 50+) and individuals with mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s disease, or other neurodegenerative disorders using a variety of behavioral and neuroimaging techniques (including MRI and PET).
The direct supervisor is Dr. Trey Hedden, but this is a collaborative project, offering exposure to several lab groups, that employ both cognitive neuroscience and clinical techniques.
The position requires a high degree of motivation and self-sufficiency, although extensive training and supervision will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate multiple projects – excellent organizational and integration skills are important
- Assist with recruitment and enrollment of older adults into the study through community outreach and advertising efforts – excellent interpersonal skills are a necessity
- Scheduling study visits – requires careful evaluation of screening criteria and coordination of visits
- Administer neuropsychological tests to participants – extensive training is provided
- Assist during neuroimaging exams – careful attention to detail and ability to be a calm presence for participants
- Assist with institution-specific protocols/SOPs, and with IRB and IND submissions and monitoring
- Other responsibilities include serving as an interface among several collaborating lab groups, maintaining participant databases, assisting with administrative tasks, literature searches, and scoring, processing, and analyzing data
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and knowledge of neuropsychological and neuroimaging techniques in preparation for a graduate career.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field
- Extremely comfortable working with people (and sensitive to our older participants and patients)
- Reliable, professional, and organized
- Proficiency with basic computing packages such as MS Word and Excel; some familiarity with one or more of the following (Linux, R, MATLAB, SPM, FSL, FreeSurfer, fMRI, PET) and/or research experience is expected
- Motivated individual who will work to learn new skills and is comfortable in a dynamic and varied work environment
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.