Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees clinical operations within the program, using data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all clinical initiatives run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
2. Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis. Assigns accountabilities, delegates tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
3. Develops, maintains and reconciles departmental budget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
4. Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
5. In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates educational and performance improvement activities within a designated clinical specialty.
6. Develops and designs of action plans to support clinical performance and competency and provides support and educational resources to departments and services relative to nursing care delivery within the context quality assessment and improvement processes.
7. Establishes and implements short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for high level of performance in nursing care delivery.
8. Coordinates and leads in the execution of day to day educational program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of clinical expertise.
9. Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of clinical program activity data to evaluate clinical performance and competence.
10. Provides technical assistance, resource services, consultation and education to clinical specialty service relative to orientation, ongoing assessment of competency and performance improvement activities.
11. Serves as a clinical role model and resource to the nursing staff.
12. Prepares reports and analysis associated with orientation of new hires, ongoing competency and evaluation of staff performance and identification of related outcome measures.
13. Provides timely status reports of results of assignments including identification of patterns and trends that require actions.
14. Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agency surveys and presents related programs durin
16. Participates in daily activities that reflect budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
17. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
1. Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
2. Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
3. Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
4. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
5. Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
6. Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
7. Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
8. Driving for Results - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
9. Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
10. Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
11. Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
12. Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
13. Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
14. Physical stamina, dexterity and mental health necessary to coordinate a broad variety of services and programs for designated patient population on a daily basis
18. 18. Participates in the performance appraisal process of designated Nursing staff.