The Mount Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai is one of the largest U.S. health systems with a strong reputation for quality of care and research/education. We have ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care each year for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
Mount Sinai Health Partners is seeking a dynamic Director of Community Innovation and Partnerships to develop programs that lead to improved health outcomes and more efficient use of resources for attributed populations. The Director leads a team that collaborates with patients, key stakeholders throughout the health system and community to ensure successful design and execution of innovative programs and partnerships that solve problems related to social determinants of health. The Director is responsible for nimbly advancing initiatives through the innovation life cycle which includes research, design, development, approvals, launch, evaluation, and scaling. The Director reports to the CMO and COO, Population Health.
1. Works with the CMO and COO, Population Health to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve value-based contract performance through collaborative initiatives.
2. Develops short term and long range goals and objectives for the department that will drive improvements in the patient delivery system that are innovative, effective, and provide exceptional quality care.
3. Partners with Community Based Organizations (CBOs), payers, and other groups within Mount Sinai Health Partners and the health system on strategy development, including identifying and prioritizing improvement opportunities, evaluating proof of concepts/partner options and collaborating on program plans.
4. Develops detailed financial models and value analyses
5. Leads due diligence of potential partners
6. Leads and assists the negotiations of partnerships and definitive documentation
7. Secures resources for new programs by writing grants and cultivating new funding sources
8. Develops processes and infrastructure to successfully execute new programs, ensuring the strategy is complete, clearly articulated, kept current, and is effectively communicated with all appropriate stakeholders.
9. Develops, facilitates, and manages relationships with key stakeholders in the health system and payer community.
10. Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of CIP department members.
11. Oversees the daily operation of department, including managing work assignments and identifying and resolving issues, conducting performance appraisals, employee development, training and feedback.
12. Ensures data is collected, analyzed, reported, and used to assess and improve CIP programs.
13. Ensures routine documentation of services, workflows, team processes, etc. to build capabilities and efficiency with the organization. Implements best practices and provides process improvement assistance when needed. Evaluates and develops logical work flows where applicable.
14. Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Assures the completion of the annual budget and financial monitoring.
15. Active member of the Clinical Operations Leadership Team representing CIP.
16. Serves as primary point-of-contact for CIP
17. Promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred
· 5-8 years of experience in health care finance or administration, or leading a community-based organization
· 3+ years leadership role in population health or public health related organization
· Demonstrated ability to creatively design and deploy innovative initiatives, programs or solutions that are effective and generate results.
· Strategic planning and execution
· Building and developing financial plans and models
· Structuring partnerships
· Managing resources
· Fundraising and working with private foundations. Demonstrated success in grant-writing
· Ability to work cross-functionally and establish and manage a collaborative team environment, with demonstrated positive outcomes.
· Ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholder groups including business, nonprofit, religious groups and community organizers.
· A strong commitment to the goals of population health
· Supervisory experience strongly preferred
· Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and engender trust
· Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with
demonstrated intellectual and
· Managerial skills including budgeting and finance
· Excellent project planning and management skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail
· Agility with Excel, Microsoft suite