Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- 551 - Materials Management
REQ # 2516226
Job Title: Management Analyst III
The Management Analyst III provides advanced analytical and
project management support at a high level within the institution, utilizing a
wide range of state of the art performance tools or methodologies across all
administrative and operational functions. Reviews, analyzes and suggests
improvements to business and organizational systems to assist senior level
management in decision making for key initiatives, and in operating more
efficiently and effectively.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. 1) Prepares, reconciles and analyzes highly complex information; performs special studies and develops new processes and procedures. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
2. 2) May prepare manuals and may perform training implementations to improve processes. May monitor the effectiveness of training and change management activities; modifies training as required.
3. 3) Monitors financial and operational performance of client departments and performs analysis to identify trends and answer specific questions.
4. 4) Monitors project timelines and budgets.
5. 5) Prepares highly complex feasibility studies and business plans to support new business developments.
6. 6) Prepares complex Market Research and Analyses, Demand and Supply Analyses, and Demographic Studies to inform and support senior leadership’s decision making related to specific initiatives.
7. 7) May execute independent and analytical analysis for workflow redesigns. May interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed and methods, equipments and personnel used.
8. 8) Analyzes data gathered and may develop solutions or alternative methods or proceeding. May evaluate and communicate design issues or additional areas for opportunity; may resolve problems and offer recommendations.
9. 9) Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
10. 10) Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
11. 11) Advances the organization’s ability to meet and exceed key strategic initiatives.
12. 12) Creates reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational objectives. Prepares forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making.
13. 13) Updates monthly metrics and reports trends.
14. 14) May document current operations and provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
15. 15) May prepare documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and may present findings and recommendations.
16. 16) May track research grants, and prepare Research Density and Grants Analysis several times a year.
17. 17) Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors degree; Master’s Degree strongly preferred, in Business Administration or related field.
Six Sigma certification highly desirable.
5+ years experience in management or other related field
Excellent organizational and analytical skills required
Excellent communication skills required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.