Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Center for Clinical Labs (MSH) - Req Number: 2517034
Job Title: Laboratory Information Systems Manager
The LIS Manager plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day activities within the department. The LIS Manager assists the Director in implementing operational policies and procedures and ensures operational efficiency is maintained throughout the department.
Perform application support including but not limited to: installation, maintenance, trouble shooting and enhancement. LIS Manager will be responsible for project planning, status reports, issue tracking and resolution. Participate in programming and or coding to design specifications and reports for end-user specific needs.
This position will primarily support the laboratory clinical and anatomic pathology applications used throughout the MSHS laboratories. This includes but is not limited to Sunquest, SCC Softlab, Powerpath and all associated modules. These systems are used by the various laboratories for ordering, processing, resulting, and reporting on all pathology specimens.
LIS Manager will also be assigned primary or secondary responsibilities for other ancillary applications as needed. LIS Manager will also participate on on-call rotations to ensure 24/7 coverage of the laboratory information systems.
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience in system analysis and design, programming, development, maintenance, enhancement and support.
- Knowledgeable in HL7 interfaces and message structure.
- Substantial Healthcare experience preferred including Hospital and clinical applications.
- Working knowledge of a Clinical Pathology laboratory’s practices and terminology is preferred.
- Experience with Sunquest, SCC Softlab, Powerpath or other dedicated laboratory information systems required.
- Knowledgeable of LIS integrations with various downstream systems like EPIC.
- Act as a liaison between IT, vendors and Lab operations.
- Experienced in Software version upgrades.
- Familiarity with healthcare workflow, medical office practices and terminology desirable.
- Ability to manage projects and timelines.
- Ability to design and execute testing plans or strategies to accommodate the various systems and workflows of the interfaced systems.
- Strong ability to document testing and troubleshooting results and processes.
- Ability to understand and satisfy all regulatory measures related to Pathology IT practices. (JCAHO, State agencies, FDA, Meaningful Use, ICD10, etc).
- Knowledge of Micro/Genlab/Blood Bank Laboratory Instrumentation Interface implementations.
- Knowledge of Instrument Manager from Data Innovations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally or via the written word.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, IT management, Lab management and team members.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports.
- Familiarity and understanding of database structure, maintenance and support preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain monitoring systems for data and system integrity.
- Familiarity with Server structure and operating systems.
- Familiarity with Network and connectivity processes.
- Backup jobs, scheduling, rescheduling, and other jobs regarding the database.
- Monitoring space, database indexing, clustering and performance. Creating space or making adjustments if needed.
- Perform database consistence checks.
- Maintaining / repairing inter-server mapping and communication ports for all LIS production and test servers. Maintenance Jobs, fixing bugs when job fails.
B. Possible Call / Support responsibilities:
- Ability to work on site at the various hospital and or remote sites when needed.
- Ability to support 24 hour / 365 day application.
- Ability to accommodate off hours maintenance and project based work hours.