Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Research Assistant I assists in the daily activities of clinical research studies, collects, maintains and organizes study information. Assists in preparing grant applications and documents (for e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office), and provides clerical support to Clinical Research Coordinators and others in assigned area.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires
- Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database
- Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol
- Assists in the preparation for monitoring visits
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Associates Degree in Science or closely related field preferred or HS/GED plus two years of related experience
- Experience: 1 year in research environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.