Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The E-resources and Content Management Assistant will help manage resources in the library’s catalog and discovery system. Under direction of the Systems Librarian, this individual will help maintain book and journal collection packages, work to ensure that library subscriptions are properly reflected in the library’s catalog, and help troubleshoot access issues reported by patrons.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Helps maintain access to all library resources including e-books, e-journals, full-text article links, and databases
- Compares publisher entitlement lists with current library holdings and updates packages as needed
- Performs basic cataloging activities
- Assists with technical troubleshooting
- Provides patrons with resources when they encounter broken links, and fixes those links
- Activates resources in the catalog as needed
- Helps manage the library’s A-Z database list
- Special projects in support of library services
on an as-needed basis
- Education: Associate's degree
- Library Science student preferred but not required
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage and manipulate large spreadsheets
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.