Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal
The Executive Assistant is responsible for overall support to System Chair of the Department of Urology as related to day-to-day operations of a large or complex department or office. Coordinates the administrative activities for the clinical, administrative, and academic activities for the System Chair.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partners with management in the planning, scheduling, coordination and reporting of activities to ensure that projects, goals and objectives are accomplished on time and within budget
- Organizes meetings and agenda for meetings and research of individuals attending the meetings
- Maintains a contact list of important assistants and managers in the institution.
- Manages System Chair’s phone calls and emails
- Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assemble and categorize figures for computation and calculations
- Checks materials submitted for supervisor’s attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included
- Coordinates meetings and appointments, and maintains Chair’s calendar
- Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports
- Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval
- Manages and coordinate the credentialing responsibilities of the Chair
- Manages Conflict of Interest, HR and Finance approvals in Sinai Central
- Plans the visit for recruits and other visiting professors
- Manages Chair’s CV
- Prepares manuscripts, correspondence and talks in word and PowerPoint
- Maintains client database
- Organizes faculty evaluations takes meeting minutes
- Organizes educational activities on behalf of Chair
- Manages updated credentials, NY State License, Insurance and Society and organizational memberships for the Chair
- May maintain departmental employee files, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems
- May mentor, train and/or conduct orientation for new office support staff and monitor performance
- May coordinate administrative, secretarial and/or general office support coverage
- May assign work, set deadlines and supervise the work of assigned staff, and participate in performance appraisal process
- Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assists in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes
- Develops, updates and/or revises informational flyers, brochures, leaflets and mailings
- Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors’ contracts and renews as needed
- Screens and prioritizes incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s)
- Screens telephone calls, answers inquiries or directs caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5 years related administrative or business experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.