Dept- 442- Liver Practice Nursing
Job Title: Job Title: Clinical Nurse – Liver Practice- PART TIME, 8:00am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5:00PM
The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
- Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
- Participates in the design, measurement, and assessment of care related structures, processes, and outcomes to improve the quality of patient care.
- Participates in maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and consumer oriented environment.
- Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and incorporates these into planning and delivery of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team, the patient, and significant others to plan and implement the patient's care.
- Coordinates discharge planning from the day of admission to day of discharge or transfer to alternate care continuum. Conducts discharge phone calls on selected patients.
- Performs charge responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse license in New York State.
- BCLS/BLS certification required
- Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk, stand, lift, stoop, push and respond quickly in a variety of situations and for an extended period of time.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.