Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under direct supervision, performs experiments and procedures as assigned; provides support services for research projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), assists with simple to moderately complex experiments using standard techniques in area of specialty assigned; maintains data/results of all experiments
- May prepare specimens and/or mix chemicals and other solutions and set up lab experiments
- May mentor and/or train less experienced staff
- May assign work to less experienced staff as required
- Maintains inventory of all research supplies; prepares purchase orders for reagents and supplies
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment
- Washes and sterilizes glassware
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Associates Degree in science (or related field) or HS/GED plus two years of related experience
- Experience: Two years in research environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.