Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- Security
REQ # 2524632
Job Title: Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator I assists in creating
and executing plans for specific basic and moderately complex projects which
fall outside the regular operations of the department. The Project Coordinator
I follows projects through all phases by assisting in the development of the
project plan, and ensuring adherence to the plan. A Project by definition must
have a timeline with a beginning and end date.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Establishes the coordination of basic and
moderately complex project activities and ensures the quality, timeliness, and
integrity of ongoing projects and schedules. Basic projects are typically small
in scope affecting one or two departments with little or no budgetary
2. Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks. Ensures adherence to deadlines.
3. Coordinates and leads assigned project activities ensuring that assignments are completed.
4. May organize, lead and facilitate project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
5. Maintains detailed records and documentation of project activity and may be responsible for developing uniform procedures for storing and keeping appropriate documentation. Provides feedback to communicate project findings as appropriate.
6. May develop reports and other deliverables as assigned.
7. Tracks project changes and produces updated schedules as required.
8. Monitors project deliverables and timelines, notifies management when issues arise, and take corrective actions, as needed.
9. May coordinate ordering, follow up of receipt and invoicing as necessary.
10. Develops test scenarios if applicable to position, project or department.
11. May be responsible for conference travel planning, and departmental correspondence as it relates to the project.
12. May be responsible for communication with outside contractors and/or vendors and consultants as required by the project.
13. Performs other related duties.
Bachelors’ degree required, or equivalent
education and work experience.
None required, 1 year of experience in project coordination preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.