Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Development/Fundraising – 2524644
Associate Director of Development, Mount Sinai West
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) seeks a development professional to expand its development program and grow philanthropic revenue at Mount Sinai West (MSW) as part of the overall Mount Sinai Health System Campaign. The successful candidate will identify and maintain a portfolio of prospects that capitalizes on current and emerging opportunities for support. The Associate Director of Development will work closely with key physicians and administrative leaders at Mount Sinai West.
- The Associate Director will work closely with the Executive Director, supporting all aspects of major gift fundraising including: identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors.
- Create and closely monitor a strategic philanthropy plan for MSW with input from key stakeholders including the EDOD, President of MSW, Site Department Chairs, and other leadership at MSW.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a personal portfolio of 100 – 150 individual prospects at the leadership annual and major gifts levels.
- Solicit major gifts for the strategic philanthropic priorities of Mount Sinai West and the MSHS.
- Manage the coordination of all fundraising activities for MSW with MSHS central development office, including direct mail, corporation and foundation giving, planned giving, events, stewardship, research, and gift processing.
- Guide efforts to build greater links with physicians, grateful patients, and other stakeholders.
- Partner with internal contacts including leadership, faculty, and Development staff to maximize fundraising for MSW.
- Evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and recommend the most suitable for a particular donor. Develop, write and present proposals appropriate to donor's interest and financial situation.
- In collaboration with Stewardship and Events colleagues, plan and execute events to cultivate, educate and steward major donors and prospects.
- Identify, recruit, and solicit top level volunteers to help with philanthropic outreach and serve in an advisory capacity to the MSW leadership team.
- Promote a culture of philanthropy at MSW by partnering with and training physicians, faculty, and other staff.
- Establish and meet activity and revenue goals.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service in all exchanges.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE designation, Masters of Fundraising, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Ideal Candidates will have at least 5 years of direct fundraising experience, preferably in sophisticated and complex organizations. He/she will have demonstrated success in raising six figure gifts, and have in- depth knowledge of all aspects of a comprehensive development operation. The ideal candidate will show evidence of setting and achieving goals, and will have a successful track record of working with internal and external constituents, as well as volunteer and committee management.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in academic medical setting and /or complex nonprofit fundraising environment and have experience with capital campaigns and volunteer management.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or other Fundraising related databases
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.