Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Patient Financial Services
Title: Financial Specialist
The Financial Specialist is responsible for billing and
collection activities, which include verification of insurance, pre-certifications,
deposits and reconciliation of co-pays and self-pays, updating financial
information in appropriate software applications and providing information on
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensures claim edits and accounts receivables are resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- Monitors claims for payment by insurance companies, co-payments and self pays.
- Resubmits claims for payment with appropriate updates and documentation as needed.
- Responds to patient and third party inquiries; researches and resolves problems; corrects errors and refers most complex issues to supervisor.
- Reviews correspondence and rejection data from insurance carriers; posts rejections and balances in appropriate financial classification.
- Transfers secondary balances to appropriate financial class and provides documentation for processing the claims.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Advanced medical billing and computerized
billing system training.
- 3 years healthcare billing experience working with CPT and
ICD (coding and CCI edits.
- Electronic claims processing preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Strong attention to detail
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.