The Mount Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (14th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (19th ranked medical school). Traditions are important, but at Mount Sinai, we are looking for people to join our team who want to make healthcare better by improving the value of care for patients, purchasers, and communities.
The health care system has historically set a low bar for customer service and treating patients like consumers – earning itself some of the lowest customer satisfaction scores of any industry as a result. We want to change all that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empower them in their own health, we are building a set of clinical and non-clinical services that empower patients and acknowledge them as a customer in the process.
Within Mount Sinai, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels. We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market-leading value for our customers, members and patients.
We are looking for team members who:
· Have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as
needed to accomplish business objectives
We are seeking a talented professional to join our Worksite Health Center Operations team as a Senior Operations Manager responsible for building and optimizing strong practice operations and leadership across all Mount Sinai Commercialization Team worksite health centers. The Senior Operations Manager will report to the Worksite Operations Lead.
In collaboration with local operating teams, this individual will be focused on the success of our health center operations through exemplary people leadership, structured problem-solving, and data-driven process improvement. The Senior Operations Manager is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to lead change and engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System.
Manage Worksite Health Center Operations
· Oversee operation, budgeting, and administrative activities to drive high value performance.
· Ensure the delivery of a delightful, human-centric experience across health centers.
· Support direct reports in maintaining efficient and effective operations.
· Monitor worksite operational performance using key customer, patient, and operational performance indicators.
· Identify and address operational issues. Work with team members to resolve issues quickly and thoughtfully. Ensure that learnings from issue resolution are captured to drive quality improvement.
· Develop a learning community among local practice leaders to ensure best practices and resources are effectively shared.
Lead Performance Improvement Efforts
· Actively seek and identify ways to provide an improved customer and patient experience.
· Lead and mentor process improvement activities that increase the overall effectiveness of health center operations and drive patient satisfaction.
· Build relationships with internal and external experts, vendors, and customer partners; incorporate insights gained into process development efforts.
· Leverage Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to assist local operating teams in assessing and iteratively improving practice workflows and management tools.
· Develop and communicate reports to track health center performance.
· Coach practice leaders and health center teams to adopt a continuous quality improvement mentality.
Build and Sustain High-Performing Teams
· Support health center staff recruiting through inclusive interviewing processes and behavioral-based interviewing techniques.
· Cultivate a service culture across worksite health centers.
· Sustain high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction. Implement employee recognition, development, and other retention initiatives.
· Establish standards that promote the highest level of compassion and professionalism; hold all worksite leaders accountable to these standards through consistent feedback and coaching.
· Create scalable communication processes for information-sharing across worksite teams and to Commercialization Team leadership.
· Maintain an expert understanding of our employer customers and patients, as well as the services offered by our worksite health centers, system and other partners.
· Participate in communicating and marketing the practice model to new patients and other stakeholders, including employer customers, potential patients, and third-party vendors.
· Abide by the health center’s service framework and contractual requirements.
· Other relevant duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 3-5 years’ experience in medical office administration or other healthcare leadership role required
· Demonstrated people leadership skills, including coaching, feedback and performance management
· Proven aptitude for process improvement; Certification in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies strongly preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Highly organized and detail-oriented; comfort with completing and presenting quantitative data analyses
· Self-motivated team player with high level of personal accountability
· Solutions-oriented thinker with strong leadership and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
· Must be able to adapt to a growing and changing environment
· Passion for healthcare as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience