Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- A postdoctoral position is now available in the Luksza laboratory at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The research of the lab is focused on the studying the dynamics of evolution of cancer and pathogens, like influenza virus, and their interactions with the immune system. We develop computational approaches using methods from machine learning, information theory and biophysics to understand patterns in genomic and phenotypic data.
We are looking for candidates with strong computational background and interests in biological systems and biological data analysis. The goal of the postdoctoral project will be to provide rationalized strategies for universal vaccine selection and design. The research will involve large-scale, computational analysis of sequence and antigenic datasets across influenza virus lineages. The insights from the analysis will be incorporated into predictive models for evolution and immune escape of the virus. The project will be conducted in a close collaboration with experimental laboratories of Florian Krammer and Viviana Simon from the Microbiology department at Mount Sinai.
- Perform independent research in the above-mentioned topic areas.
- Collaborate with researchers and other members in interpretation of data.
- Participate in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Ph.D (BS and MS will also be considered) in computer science, physics, mathematics, computational biology, bioinformatics or other quantitative discipline
- Programming and software development skills in (eg. Python, R, Java or C++)
- Experience with developing and implementing algorithms in software packages is a plus
- Team oriented with abilities to think creatively and work independently
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.