Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Development/Fundraising - Req # 2526512
Development Data Specialist
Mount Sinai Health System seeks an exceptional Data Specialist to perform a variety of data oriented tasks in a busy fundraising office. Tasks include but are not limited to data entry, import, and the cyclical cleanup and reconciliation of records in The Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online databases. The incumbent will work closely with the entire Office of Development team of frontline fundraisers and managerial professionals to facilitate and fulfill data entry requests in a CRM that houses over 450,000 constituent records, with new records being created at the rate of 25,000 records per year.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform data entry related to constituent biographical information and fundraising activities in our donor and prospect database – The Raiser’s Edge – for a constituency that includes prospects, donors, event registrants, patients, students, alumni, and faculty
- Import data on behalf of the Development staff in Raiser’s Edge using Import-O-Matic and other data import tools
- Routine data reconciliation, cleanup, and data integrity checks
- Partner with Prospect Development team on moves management updates for frontline fundraisers and ensure fundraiser portfolio and proposal data integrity
- Ensure HIPAA opt-out patients and claimants are properly coded in Raiser’s Edge for outreach suppression
- Prepare and clean data files using MS Excel
- Vet and reconcile datasets from various sources against Raiser’s Edge to fulfill basic ad-hoc data requests for outreach, ensuring HIPAA compliance
- Support team members by providing back up on projects during peak times and vacations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of data entry experience working in a fast-paced nonprofit environment, preferably in a development/fundraising office.
Minimum Computer Skills:
- Data entry experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel, including formatting and manipulating datasets
- Experience with Import-o-matic is preferred
- Experience with Luminate Online is helpful
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills to interpret data requests from staff.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.