Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Digital and Social Media
Job Title: Web Application Development Manager/Senior QA Manager
The Senior Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for producing and performing quality assurance testing on all external facing websites managed by Digital Marketing. Involved in production and quality assurance testing of new templates, components, and features to ensure optimized usability, performance, and a valuable user experience. Establishes content management processes and best practices in order to improve ease and efficiency of creating web pages.
- Conducts comprehensive quality assurance testing of new templates, components, and features to verify functionality and design according to specifications and requirements across multiple browser platforms, operating systems, and devices in different testing environments
- Reports bugs by documenting issues with screenshots and a description of affected functionality, inconsistencies or deviations from expected behavior, and error messages encountered
- Works closely with developers to address and validate testing on bugs or issues identified during QA, tracks progress of fixes towards resolution, and escalates appropriately based on production priorities/deadlines and deployment schedules
- Creates functional and regression test case scenarios for templates, components, and other site features, including accessibility
- Oversees automated testing process, including creation of new scripts and maintenance of existing ones.
- Assists Production Manager with code deployment timelines, testing plans, and assignments.
- Identifies areas of improvements including functionality refinements and feature enhancements to better meet user expectations in order to optimize usability, performance, and ensure a quality user experience
- Evaluates configuration of new templates and components and provides feedback/direction on how to improve ease and efficiency of content management
- Establishes and defines new content management processes and best practices and authors corresponding documentation
- Responsible for high-priority, high-visibility initial builds and is a point-person for creating content using new templates and components
- Manages 1 or more individuals in relation to QA activities.
- Keeps abreast of the best practices in QA, web page design, usability and content development.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelors degree.
- 5+ years relevant experience with content management systems, server tier technologies (e.g., Spring / Hibernate / Struts) hosted on applications servers, and mobile development on major mobile software platforms.