Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Real Estate
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Planning, Design & Construction
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role, reporting to the Senior Director or Director of Construction, will monitor every phase of a construction project (up to $50M) from inception to occupancy, primarily in the health care environment. The SPM will be involved with high level strategic projects which include interior gut renovations for the creation of critical care units and Hybrid OR’s for specialties such as Neuroscience and Cardiac care. Additionally the SPM will have the opportunities to work on large multiyear capital projects including the construction and fit out of a new Ambulatory tower on campus which will comprise of various programs, from a large state of the art Artificial intelligence research center, ambulatory surgery, and a variety of outpatient programs. These projects provide a great opportunity to work with high profile Architecture firms which lead the nation in building and healthcare design.
- Conceptualizes projects, prepares feasibility studies and develops RFPs for hospital administration
- Develops technical Scopes of Work related to Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, central plant and distributed energy systems.
- Develop Method of Procedures and provide communications to leadership and applicable departments to implementing project scope.
- Develops space programs, designs fit plans to meet the needs of user departments
- Coordinates the activities of outside architectural and engineering design consultants on larger projects
- Manages the A/E team, prepares cost estimates, prepares Certificate of Need documentation, as well as being the liaison between the consultants and user groups
- Ensures that the A/E team is meeting all regulatory requirements and that the budget and schedule are adhered to
- Monitors the progress of moderate to difficult construction relative to schedule, cost and quality
- Manage Commissioning processes (if applicable) from design, through construction and full project completion
- Effectively monitors contractors safety management program including PPE, ILSMs and ICRA
- Effectively monitors activities of construction schedule as the Owner’s representative
- Minimizes the disruption to hospital patients, staff and service due to construction
- Reviews bid documents, drawings and coordinates pre-bid activities
- Conducts periodic project management meetings with architectural and engineering consultant, contractors, subcontractors and user clients
- Makes timely decisions in the field as unexpected conditions arise
- Monitors contractor’s performance for compliance with plans and specifications and applicable codes
- Reviews and approves applications for payment, change orders and purchase requisitions
- Schedules shut down, tie-ins and in-house activities with Engineering
- Coordinates with Architect and Users on furniture an finish selections
- Coordinates and schedules work with other departments
- Coordinates move-in activities with user departments move coordinators
- Maintains complete project files through project close out
- Informs supervisor of status and issues of construction projects
- Examines construction work, reports findings, follows up with corrective work and prepares and monitors punch lists
- Responsible for managing costs to budget using standardized finance report
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience with emphasis on health care design and construction. Familiarization with Joint Commission compliance. Experience in Facilities Management and/or Project Management of MEP, physical plant, distribution, and auxiliary systems. Should have experience in running construction projects in excess of $1M.
- Autocad experience a plus.