Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position provides a wide variety of administrative support services including budget preparation and control activities, preparation and control of records, statistics and reports regarding operations and personnel matters. May serve as administrative liaison with others related to purchasing, human resources, facilities and operations. Typically reports to a division head.
- Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports.
- Prepares and monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
- Maintains departmental employee files, and ensures compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems
- Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
- Investigates, evaluates and resolves typical administrative or operational problems or situations affecting the work unit.
- Checks materials submitted for supervisor’s attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
- Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors’ contracts and renews as needed.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments or external parties to as necessary to accomplish objectives and or complete projects or assignments.
- May participate in the completion of grant applications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations.
- May make travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
- May screen and prioritize incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- May screen telephone calls, answer inquiries or direct caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission
- Performs other related duties.
- 4 years related administrative or business experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of experience; Bachelor's preferred
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices
- Knowledge and skill in accounting and budgeting techniques
- Skill in use of personal computers and software