Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The purpose of this position is to be fully immersed and to have high level involvement in research projects. The coordinator will provide support with a broad range of activities and will be primarily responsible for coordination and overseeing the research team, increasing program awareness and supervision of other team members but will also include a large technical component as highlighted below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Principal Investigator and regulatory staﬀ in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical studies
- Prepares and ensures grant applications, IRB/GCO documents are submitted
- Performing literature reviews, assisting in the writing of the manuscripts, and managing databases
- Assists in interpreting clinical research data
- Coordinates the clinical assessments of study subjects including but not limited to screening and evaluation of the study subjects
- Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Independently obtains informed consent for clinical studies (where applicable)
- Mentors Clinical Research Coordinators in training and provides support to junior learners (e.g. undergraduate students including medical students, residents)
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or health related ﬁeld
- 3 years of clinical research
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures in directly related ﬁeld
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.