Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes
appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely
re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly.
Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
3. Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate conferences, rounds, inservices and meetings.
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Maintains therapy attendance records, patient charges and statistics
Graduate of an accredited PT program
NYS PT license
2-3 years experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.