Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Human Immune Monitoring Center (HIMC) houses a suite of advanced technology platforms, which we use to provide comprehensive immune profiling services for a diverse range of clinical and translational research studies. As part of our continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit scientist to help overseee our wide range of immune monitoring projects, with a key focus on high-dimensional single cell studies. The candidate will work closely with HIMC leadership and serve as a key liaison between the HIMC and our many academic and industry collaborators to help oversee projects across their full life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with collaborators to discuss their studies, helping to design appropriate immune monitoring strategies, working with the HIMC research and computational teams to ensure successful implementation, and working on the analysis and delivery of data and results back to collaborators
- This dynamic position offers an exciting opportunity to work on many diverse projects using cutting edge technologies including mass cytometry (CyTOF), Single Cell Sequencing and Multiplexed Ion Beam Imaging (MIBI), and to make a real impact at the forefront of translational immunology
- PhD in immunology or related discipline, and a strong background in human immunology/immune monitoring
- 2 years experience in bench research
- Strong data analytic skills and prior experience generating and analyzing data from relevant technologies such as high dimensional cytometry, single cell sequencing and multiplexed tissue imaging
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Experience with complex data and project management would be ideal
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.