Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IPM’s core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Aware of study regulatory status and keeps up-to-date copies of consent forms and questionnaires. Screens potential patients/subjects for eligibility to the study. Performs the informed consent process and ensures that the patient/subject fully understands what is required of him/her throughout the study. Interacts with patient/subject and families in a courteous and professional manner. Extends this courteous and professional manner to staff within IPM and the Medical Center.
- Secures accurate signatures on appropriate consent form documents, performs daily quality assurance on consent and questionnaire documents, and forwards to the appropriate destination. Monitors any outward effects or issues regarding patient/subject safety and reports this to the appropriate party.
- Responsible for collecting patient information for the research project via the family history questionnaire, including obtaining data through verbal exchange with the subject in a private room and may include abstraction of data from the patient chart. Audits and manages data from and into the Mount Sinai Electronic Research Application Portal (eRAP).
- Collects, prepares, stores, and delivers research blood samples to the Biobank Laboratory daily using universal precautions, as required. Guarantees all Donor ID labels are appropriately affixed to tubes at the time of sample drop-off. Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with laboratory staff.
- Reviews progress of personal enrollment and initiates actions to achieve target objectives set forth by the Managing Director.
- Responsible for the appropriate management of vouchers (cashing according to Mount Sinai regulations; protection of monies; timely replenishment) and for maintaining precise records of stipend distribution. Responsible for communicating with the IPM Administrative Coordinator regarding the above-referenced obligations.
- Combines and evaluates information and data to make decisions about choosing the best solution to solve problems. Resolves complex situations based on established policies and procedures and refers unsolved issues and questions to the supervisor.Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required, including assisting the Managing Director with orientation and training of new research staff/volunteers/interns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sciences or related field. Minimum of 6 months of progressively responsible related experience, including research/program coordination or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills. Candidate should demonstrate strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as work and make decisions independently.
- Time management skills and ability to multi task.
- Thorough knowledge of research study, study rationale, study subject, and clinical procedures associated with the study.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; ability to work well under pressure.
- Minimum certification required by the IRB.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred
- Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus.