Strength Through Diversity
Department of Pathology (MSH) - Req Number: 2531290
Job Title: Supervisor V
consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for administrative and office support staff such as secretarial/administrative assistants, medical assistants, schedulers, data management and medical records staff. Ensures the successful delivery of support services within the department or unit. Assumes responsibility of higher (managerial) leadership for department as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
2. Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
3. Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
4. Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
5. Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
6. Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
7. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
8. Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
9. Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
10. Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
11. Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
12. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Intermediate MS Word (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent organizational skills
3 years of directly related experience with 1 year in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.