Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Digital Marketing
Job Title: Web Content Manager
The Web Marketing Manager must possess a strong understanding of digital marketing and will own the strategic development and implementation of website content, online marketing and advertising campaigns for an extensive array of health care services and specialty areas for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Mount Sinai Health System. The Web Marketing Manager will ensure that the website’s content, usability, and appearance are optimal for heightening the online visibility of Mount Sinai and strengthening its reputation as preeminent in the areas of medicine, education, and scientific research.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, serving as the
primary point of contact, with departments throughout the Icahn School of
Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Mount Sinai Health System providing strategic
guidance and leading day-to-day project management and workflow. Departments
will include but not be limited to Pediatrics, OBGYN, Genetics and Genomics,
- Develop and maintain all project deliverables including budgets, timelines and change requests and assure projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Leverage knowledge of marketing best practices to develop effective
strategies and measurable tactical approaches.
- Provide expertise and input as active participant of developing
integrated marketing plans that include traditional and digital objectives
and strategies, designed to establish brand awareness, consideration and
- Work closely with other Central Marketing teams (press,
internal communications, creative, etc.) to ensure that campaigns maximize
our content and opportunities and are on track to meet or exceed campaign
- Work directly with Mount Sinai’s agencies of record to develop
and manage paid marketing activities across multiple engines, ensuring that
campaigns are tasked properly, completed as scheduled, and meet or exceed all
- Work closely with the Search Engine Optimization Manager to develop
strategies to promote services and drive website traffic.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data from digital
marketing campaigns (i.e. email, display, search, social, etc.) to
formulate key insights and determine opportunities for optimizing
- Provide reporting regularly to leadership on the status of digital marketing efforts and campaign performance.
- Takes a lead responsibility for developing web site content and editing content provided by Department staff, ensuring that the tone and language are consistent with the MSHS editorial guidelines.
- Partner with web liaisons to translate basic science, clinical, and education news into compelling content for landing pages, email campaigns, newsletters, banners, paid search, and other online programs.
- Work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new content and site development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in content creation, digital marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing and web analytics.
- Working knowledge of the health care industry, science, and higher education preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including experience in writing, editing, and proofing content for the web.
- Strengths in data analysis and the ability to synthesize user feedback to help drive content decisions.
- Demonstrated project management skills including planning, scheduling, meeting deadlines, and working with team members and outside vendors to complete projects on time and within budget.