Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Post-doctoral fellow – Cancer Epidemiology:
This is a full-time position within the Institute for Translational Epidemiology.
The Institute for Translational Epidemiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai includes an articulated program in epidemiologic research that connects to clinical, basic, and applied research programs within the Mount Sinai Health System. The vision is to advance interdisciplinary and patient-oriented research and to contribute to translational and integrative research at the School of Medicine.
Faculty within the Institute are committed to expanding the role of epidemiology in clinical research, and the presence of several world-class clinical and research programs makes Mount Sinai an ideal setting to establish a strong epidemiology research program to complement existing clinical and preventive activities. Our new concentration areas builds on existing clinical and research strengths in Cancer and other Chronic Diseases Epidemiology, Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Mental Health, Occupational Epidemiology, Epidemiologic Methods, Life Course Epidemiology, and Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology. Training, education, and health inequalities are part of the research portfolio.
More information about the Institute for Translational Epidemiology can be found on our webpage: https://icahn.mssm.edu/research/epidemiology
We are looking for a post-doctoral fellow to conduct cancer epidemiology research in conjunction with the Tisch cancer Institute.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise to cancer clinical research team on epidemiologic design issues
- Manipulate and develop large databases, including administrative databases, to obtain and analyze variables as required
- Identify problems from analytic queries and take appropriate actions to guide the resolution process
- Utilize knowledge of epidemiology and medical understanding to refine questions and hypothesis
- Prepare and perform statistical analysis; interpret basic and advanced analyses
- Document analyses, create summaries and present results to collaborators verbally and as a presentation
- Collaborate with principal investigators, sponsors and external representatives to ensure that project results and conclusions are presented accurately and without bias and to jointly achieve objectives and timelines
- Write text for study reports to be incorporated in abstracts, manuscripts and grants
- Develop grants to support the PIs by conducting literature review, writing background and approach section
- Recruit, train, and supervises bachelors and masters epidemiologists
- Perform other related duties
- PhD in Epidemiology
• Proficiency with using R, SAS, Stata, SPSS
• Experience with statistical analysis of large clinical datasets
• Excellent written and communication skills in English
• Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision, and as part of a team
• Evidence of deep collaboration with clinicians/medical researchers