Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- 380 - Ruttenberg Cancer Center REQ #2532692
Job Title: Patient Ambassador
The Patient Ambassador is responsible for greeting patients and families, addressing their needs, triaging to appropriate areas and providing assistance as needed. Maintains a good working knowledge of assigned clinical area; functions as liaison with clinics and departments to facilitate and expedite services. Ensures upkeep of lobby and other common areas, ensuring cleanliness and safety standards are maintained, initiating appropriate action. Assumes the role of Transportation Liaison to the Command Center in the event the Emergency Preparedness Plan is activated.
- Greets patients and families in main lobby and other clinical areas and escorts them to appropriate services by wheelchair, stretcher or other method, ensuring their comfort and safety at all times.
- Liaison with practice to expedite and assist in providing efficient care and service to patients and families. Triages telephone calls to appropriate locations, clinics, and personnel.
- Provides translations or acquires translation services when necessary.
- Coordinates transportation requests for patients.
- Effectively handles issues as related to Building Services, Engineering, Security and other related departments to ensure a high level of service and safety, keeping the Director advised at all times of outcomes.
- Makes independent decisions as to the assignment of work, and maintains authority to order repairs and maintenance when necessary.
- Contacts and monitors the activity of outside vendors. Provides assistance to those on the Vendor Credentialing System and reports any issues.
- Works closely with Security and New York City Police in the event of an emergency situation. Coordinates fire drills and monitors responses and compliance of each department, keeping the Fire Marshal and other personnel appropriately advised.
- Ensures all communication equipment is maintained and charged, ready for an emergency situation.
- Monitors and re-stocks brochures and materials at all department locations.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports to leadership regarding equipment usage and maintenance issues.
- Assumes the role of Transportation Liaison to the Command Center in the event the Emergency Preparedness Plan is activated.
- Performs other duties as requested by Director and Chief Operating Officer
- High School Diploma/GED; 1-2 years college preferred
- 1-3 years relevant experience, preferably with health care exposure