Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Stat Laboratory (MSH) - Req Number: 2534710
Job Title: Point of Care Testing Specialist - (MSH)
Under general supervision of the POCT Coordinator and
Director and according to established policies and procedures, assists
in the supervision of point of care testing personnel in the Mount Sinai
Health System hospital units and ancillary sites to ensure accurate and
correct patient results. The point of care testing specialist reviews
and performs maintenance of point of care equipment and troubleshoots
instruments not functioning according to specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews and records daily QC of all Point of Care testing.
2. Investigates and records remedial actions taken for out-of-range QC.
3. Reviews daily and monthly instrument maintenance documentation for Point of Care instrumentation.
4. Performs linearity’s correlations and validations as necessary. Prepares the statistical charts for review by the Point of Care testing coordinator and the Director.
5. Notifies the Point of care testing coordinator of remedial actions and follow-ups for all point of care tests and instruments.
6. Distributes Point of care testing supplies to testing sites and maintains inventory.
7. Maintains supplies, equipment and work area. Monitors inventory levels. Performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and function inspections.
8. Assists is setting up POC testing in hospital units and ancillary sites.
9. Assists in Continuing Education and In-Service
of point of care testing personnel.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in related field, or equivalent work experience required. (High School diploma and 10 years of experience in a clinical laboratory is considered equivalent.)
Clinical Laboratory Technologist license from the New York State Education Department OR Certificate of Qualification from the NYS Department of Health required
Minimum one year of experience in a clinical laboratory.
1. Clinical Laboratory Technologist