Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai’s Microscopy Core enables state-of-the-art microscopy and image analysis in support of a wide range of research questions and applications covering basic science to personalized medicine. An extensive assortment of equipment is currently available, including confocal and widefield microscopes, 2-photon, light sheet and STED super-resolution microscopes. High-end workstations and a server for 3D-4D image analysis handle, process, and analyze large imaging datasets.
The Core seeks to hire a service-oriented, highly motivated individual to join a vibrant team. This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a diverse array of imaging techniques and projects, to investigate new approaches, and to work on image processing, analysis and data handling in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment with researchers and physicians in the heart of New York City.
- Teaching and training staff, researchers and graduate students on a variety of microscopes
- Ensuring smooth operation and basic maintenance of microscopes and equipment
- Testing and troubleshooting new instruments. Expertise with 2-photon microscopy is a plus
- Helping scientists design imaging experiments and building image analysis pipelines and data flows using a variety of open source and commercial software packages (ImageJ, Arivis 4D, Imaris, etc)
- Assisting with logs and billing
- Master’s degree in Biology, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering. A doctorate degree is preferred
- Five years of experience with scientific investigation
- Experience in light microscopy and an understanding of fundamentals of image processing
- Basic understanding and skills in system administration
- An enthusiastic approach to problem solving, a passion for learning, and an eagerness to explore new techniques
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team but also unsupervised
- Candidates having experience with scientific image processing software, or scripting languages would be preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.