Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
At Mount Sinai, we believe that high quality, affordable health care is a right, not a privilege. We have a network of hospital-based, school-based and freestanding health practices in New York City. Through these, we provide basic primary health care and a wide range of specialty services to people of all ages.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for nursing oversight of up to 80 Ambulatory Clinics, 11 School Based Clinics and 2 Dialysis Centers in the following services: Eye, Geriatrics, HIV/AIDS, Internal Medicine, Kidney Care, Medical/Surgical, OBGYN, Palliative Care, Pediatrics, and Rehabilitation.
- Work closely with the Sr. VP for Ambulatory Care, Medical Director, Director of Performance Improvement, Sr. Director of Finance and CNO to plan, develop, and implement strategies for ongoing operations and providing high-quality patient care.
- Direct activities of nursing staff insuring that clinical services are delivered safely and appropriately within the guidelines established by the Medical Board, the Department of Nursing, regulatory agencies, and health plans/payors.
- Working with the Director of Finance for Ambulatory Care, responsible for the formulation and monitoring of the Ambulatory Care nursing budget.
- Manages and evaluates the total Ambulatory Care budget and meeting financial targets
- Participates with physician leaders and Hospital Administration in short term and long-term strategic planning including development of volume targets.
- Disseminates and interprets information with Associate Directors of Nursing and Clinical Nurse Managers, as indicated.
- Monitor, evaluates and readjust financial plans, as indicated to meet the changing needs of the ambulatory care population
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor Science in Nursing - BSN Required
- Masters in Nursing or Healthcare related field, required
- Doctorate, preferred
- NYS RN
- At least 5 years of experience in ambulatory nursing leadership or practice leadership in a medical practice/outpatient setting
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.