Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- There is an exciting immediate Postdoctoral
Fellow opening at Dr. Itan’s Laboratory of Computational Human Genomics. This
is a unique opportunity to become a major player of the genomic revolution
where computational discoveries directly benefit patients' treatment and drug
We aim to elucidate the genetics underlying human disease using diverse computational and bioinformatic methods, including machine learning, modeling and statistical genomics. The role will involve research to identify for the first time population-specific disease-causing mutations and genes using next generation sequencing analysis, collaborating on additional human disease genomics projects, and development of novel methodologies.
The candidate should be highly motivated and talented, with strong programming and quantitative skills, having a background in human genetics and cutting edge computational methodologies.
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Department of Genetics and Genomics and Institute for Personalized Medicine offer an excellent multidisciplinary environment for experimentalists and computational scientists. The research resources are extensive, and include numerous large cohorts of patients with whole exome/whole genome sequencing data and electronic health records. We extensively collaborate with world-leading academic institutions, and with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Mount Sinai offers subsidized housing for Postdoctoral Fellows. The neighborhood is attractive, located near Central Park and major museums.
- - PhD in computational biology/bioinformatics or other quantitative sciences (computer science, mathematics, statistics, or physics), or biological sciences with a strong proven record of programming.
- Strong publication record.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++ or Java. Machine learning, deep learning, statistics, R and SQL would be a bonus.
- Strong interest in human genetics, genomics, and disease.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. A team player.