Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Under general supervision, counsels patients with emphasis on prevention. Works with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health. Specific duties may vary by area assigned. Develop collaborative relationships with other disciplines to assure effective patient care. After appropriate training, demonstrates competency for specific patient population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts family therapy, individual cognitive behavior therapy, family therapy with adolescents, group therapy with adults, and co-leads specific patient population groups depending on assigned area.
2. Provides outpatient care to population specific patients.
3. Provides education/information to patient and families and modifies treatments as necessary in response to patient progress.
4. Develops and implements treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
5. Participates in appropriate educational activities and department meetings. Conducts assessments and psychological evaluations
6. Directs patients/families to appropriate community agencies and resources for financial assistance, counseling, rehabilitation, auxiliary care, or to aid in location of, e.g., medical supplies, adaptive devices.
7. Prepares and maintains all required treatment records and reports. Keeps all electronic records as required.
8. Coordinates phone and triage activities.
9. Develop and maintains contacts with various community agencies to gather information on available resources, to relay appropriate patient information, and to improve services provided.
10. Performs other related duties.
Masters Degree in counseling or related field
1 year supervised experience conducting therapy for specific patient population
1. Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)