Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Radiology - 2549974
Registered Ultrasound Technologist
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operates and adjusts ultrasound equipment, cleans and makes minor adjustments, taking safety precautions necessary to protect patients and personnel from electric shock or other hazards. Reports any malfunction to the appropriate person.
- Communicates with the patient, their representative and staff. Explains the exam and instructions to the patient and other health care providers, answering questions that are unrelated to specific diagnostic, treatment and/or prognosis
- Develops and/or modifies a procedure plan from health status and medical history, using age and gender appropriate considerations.
- Uses independent professional judgment to adopt the procedure plan to optimize exam results. Performs exams under general or direct physician supervision as defined by the procedure, adjusting scanning technique to optimize image qualify and spectral waveform characteristics.
- Education: High School graduate and registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Experience: Five+ years of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices.
- Skill in use of personal computers and software.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.