Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Data Coordinator reviews, cleans and audits data for report generation. This individual extracts data and generates basic and moderately complex reports as required. S/he performs basic data analytics to ensure accuracy and acts as an administrative resource to the department
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collects data and generates basic and moderately complex reports as required. May prepare reports for regulatory agencies or accrediting agencies
- Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required
- Recommends solutions for any data management issues
- Acts as a resource to all database users in order to assure consistency and accuracy of data
- Assists staff with technical issues related to the quality of data analyzed and database issues
- Updates database as required and acts as a liaison with IT with any more complex technical issues or software updates
- May oversee more junior data entry staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Associates degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), or equivalent education and experience
- Experience: No experience required, though some data analytics or database exposure is preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.