Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S., with a strong reputation and Top 20 national ranking for quality of care and research/education. Our health system has ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients each year.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
• Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
• Work productively amidst ambiguity
• Thrive in fast-paced work environments
• Seek to improve the status quo
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and plan sponsors via multiple channels (e.g., exchanges, direct to employer, strategic health plan partnerships). We are looking for talented strategists, product managers, sales, and account management professionals for the Commercialization Team that are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market-leading value for our customers, members and patients.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, MSHP builds a primary and urgent care practice right at the employer’s worksite where traditional fee-for-service payments are replaced by a value-based alternative that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, MSHP accepts a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, MSHP partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
MSHP seeks an Associate who will support the development of these new models and monitor product performance. The Product Team Associate is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System. The Associate will also interface with key stakeholders from across the local, regional, and national healthcare market.
• Lead activities related to commercializing products including the execution of strategy for pricing, selling and marketing our products including product sales support and the support of a governance process for customer pricing and contracting. Develop detailed forecasts of product costs (fixed and variable) to recommend pricing structure that achieve financial objectives. Analyze the benefits of partnering with payers, benefit consultants and other third parties for selling the products vs. the cost of building a direct sales force.
• Lead the development of new products and product features, reducing high-level ideas to detailed designs, use cases, and requirements. Partner with technology and operations teams throughout MSHP and Mount Sinai Health system to develop the products on budget and on time in an agile software and service development process.
• Lead the monitoring of product performance via measuring and analyzing of key outcome metrics during product pilots and general usage, developing information-driven recommendations for new product features and product re-positioning
Product Business Cases
• Analyze market intelligence to develop and continuously update business cases for each product category. Each case will include a financial forecast of revenue and contribution margin from product sales and operations and recommend actions including: sizing investments required for new product launches, prioritizing product investment decisions, and build/buy/partner decisions.
Market Intelligence Research
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field (life sciences, engineering) required, master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the health care industry
• Experience with leading management consulting firm(s), benefits consulting firm(s), and/or payer(s)
• Experience in a fast paced, corporate environment
• Experience with SQL, SAS, R, Python or Tableau to analyze large data sets
Additional Skills and Qualities
• Expertise in quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel required
• Expertise in using Microsoft PowerPoint in developing presentations
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated team player
• Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience