The Per Diem Ultrasound Technologist performs or assists in ultrasound examinations, renders technical assistance to the Radiologist, and maintains and cares for all ultrasound equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and examines all patients for ultrasound examinations in accordance with established departmental procedures and techniques.
- Operates and adjusts ultrasound equipment, takes safety precautions necessary to protect patients and personnel from electric shock or other hazards.
- Sets up, operates, cleans and makes minor adjustments to ultrasound equipment.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for use.
- Assists in the orientation and mentor new Ultrasound personnel.
- Captures images onto PACS and transfers to physicians’ work stations.
- Answers telephones, schedules examinations and may initiate transportation.
- Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of two-year ultrasound program with clinical and didactic education.
2+ years as Ultrasound Technologist
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Name: Certified Sonographer Issuing Agency: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
General Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices
- Skill in use of personal computers and software
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.