Job Title: Per Diem Dialysis Technician
The Per Diem Dialysis Technician operates dialysis machines that help sustain patients who have damaged kidneys.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Obtains and records pre and post dialysis treatment, blood pressure, apical pulse and temperature.
- Cannulates patients with AVG (arteriovenous graft) and AVF (arteriovenous fistula) under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Reports unusual findings.
- Initiates hemodialysis via AVG or AVF under the direction of a registered nurse. Reports unusual findings.
- Provides emotional support and reports patient’s concerns/questions to the nurse.
- Sets parameters for the hemodialysis treatment after consultation with the RN.
- Terminates hemodialysis via AVG or AVF under the supervision of an RN.
- Obtains blood specimens as directed.
- Collaborates with the technical personnel to ensure adequate supplies and equipment, receives and stores equipment and supplies, ensures availability of supplies and equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for maintenance, safety cleaning and disinfection of dialysis machines.
- High School graduate or GED
- Completion of an approved dialysis technician training program
- Certified Hemodialysis Technologist/Technician from the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT)
- Some Dialysis experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.