Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Experimental Psychopathology Laboratory (EPL) at the Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) conducts translational and clinical research aiming to develop treatments for individuals with psychosis and serious mental illness (SMI). We are seeking a Research Assistant to serve as part of a study examining potential predictors (e.g., cognitive, language, behavioral changes) of psychiatric hospitalization. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day research activities of the project including recruitment, screening, and collection of data from hospitalized participants; data cleaning and management; and maintenance of study documentation. Opportunities for publications and/or developing dissertations are available.
- Recruit, screen and enroll hospitalized participants at two large NYC hospitals
- Obtain informed consent under supervision of the principal investigator
- Assist in data collection and data quality control
- Maintain participant information in accordance with institutional and regulatory procedures
- Assist in preparation of IRB/GCO documentation for protocol submission, amendments and renewals
- Participate in regularly scheduled lab and study meetings
- Communicate regularly with the study PI, as well as study and units personnel to ensure timely completion of all study procedures
- Performs other related duties, as needed
- B.A. or B.S. in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field. Master’s/Ph.D. degree preferred
- 1-year of relevant experience conducting research, preferably with individuals diagnosed with psychiatric disorders (e.g., schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, etc.)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.